Realizing the True Nature of “I”- How to Awaken and Transcend Suffering in Today’s World
March 3, 10 and 17, 2024
10 am until 1 pm Mountain
When we look closer at the experience of “I” we realize that the “I” thought comes with many related thoughts and with a sensory experience that we accept as true.
We don’t question or investigate our reliance on the sense of “I” as it seems to be permanent, habitual, and very common.
Living in the World can reinforce our identification with the sense of “I” and especially in times of uncertainty and challenge that are so often common in life and especially in Today’s World.
What we don’t realize is that it is the very identification with the sense of “I” that is the cause of us experiencing Separation and Suffering.
The True Nature of “I” is Emptiness and Love that lie beyond this identification.
Once we can truly “see” and realize the true nature of “I”, we can move beyond this in our moment-by-moment experience.
We can also learn to realize the reality or honesty of our experience. This, in turn, brings us closer to living and expressing our True Nature in all our actions, personal interactions, and in the World.
Nervous System triggers and the lack of our Nervous Systems capacity to Be Here often prevents us from successful Inquiry. We can deepen our understanding and experience of the Nervous System and grow our ability to recognize and address triggers that inevitably arise here.
In this 3-week intensive we will be looking at addressing triggers and growing capacity in the Nervous System to Be Here and at all the manifestation of “I” that can lead us to believe that the “I” is solid and real and we will investigate the “I”’s True Nature directly.
I am very much looking forward to our time together.
With Love, Neelam
Areas of Interest**:
- -What is “I”?
- -Inquiry into the nature of “I”
- -The habit of identification
- -Nervous System, Brain & triggers
- -“How to” identify and sit with triggers
- -True needs versus Ego needs
- -Honesty of our moment-by-moment experience
- -Going beyond the “I”
- -“My Will” versus “Thy Will” or “Universal will”
- -How to keep investigating the nature of “I” moment-by-moment
- -Habits that strengthen our identification
- -Habits that lessen our identification
- -Inquiry and “who am I Inquiry”
**Topics that Neelam may address in this program. Topics are dependent on the flow of the program and interest from the students.
Homework 1 page max send confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is your experience of “I” and are you aware how the identification with “I” causes Suffering?
- What situations/ events are most likely to trigger your Nervous System and how do you address that?
We have a variety of Price Points based on a Sliding Scale. Please contact the office if you have any financial considerations. We would love to have you join the program and are open to many financial arrangements.
Three-Week Program Sliding Scale: $285-$125
Special First Time Student Rate for 3 Week Program: Free for Week 1 and $85 for Weeks 2 and 3.
Two-Week Program Sliding Scale: $285-$125
Special First Time Student Rate for Two Week Program: $78
Benefits of Programs:
- Developing a stronger reliance on Presence
- Breaking the illusion of Separation
- Ability to recognize the difference between past and Present
- Learning practical information about the nervous system and brain and how to grow the Capacity of the Nervous System to Be Here
- Understanding what Embodiment is and learning how to embody challenging and expanded states like fear anger and love
- Learning practical information about being in the world and being relational
Students sitting with Neelam often experience:
- A greater capacity in the nervous system to be here and experience the arising past (less fight-or-flight, or overwhelm-collapse)
- Improved ability to notice tendencies shaped by past experiences and break free from habitual, self-defeating patterns
- Awakening (i.e. permanent shift to knowing oneself as Presence)
- Increased ability to navigate life’s ups and downs, feel more at peace and enjoy life more
Students receive support through:
- Recordings of all sessions
- Detailed notes of all sessions
- Reminder emails
- Contact for questions and support via email, with replies directly from Neelam