6 Month Program for Returning Students & for New Students by Application
Sunday Nov 18th – April 14th
“Freedom in Every Moment – Awakening the true meaning of Surrender and the Role of the Nervous System in Awakening Inquiry and Freedom”
NEW STUDENT APPLICATION – CLICK HERE
“Freedom, our birthright, is the true purpose of this life” ~Neelam
In this year’s six month program the invitation is to come into a deeper Surrender, Awakening and Freedom. Through recognizing the role of the NS in Awakening and Freedom we will deepen the ever present invitation into Surrender, create an auspicious ground for Awakening and Freedom, strengthen and enliven our Inquiry and Embodiment and grow the capacity of our NS to Be Here.
The Desire for Truth and Freedom, like Presence itself, is already always Here. It manifests as an ongoing movement into a deeper Surrender. Because of our reliance on the past we don’t always recognize or Trust that movement or have the capacity of the NS and the strength of Discrimination to truly Be Here.
The tendencies that bring us here, regardless of the depth of our recognition of Presence often times still remain hidden and functional. It is in the direct addressing of that that we find true change and transformation – the ultimate fulfillment of our life’s goal – Peace Love and lasting Freedom.
The capacity of our nervous system to Be Here is oftentimes the missing link between Direct Experience of Presence and Awakening. Between the Embodiment and Freedom, where Presence becomes available to us in the moment, regardless of what the current circumstances of our life are.
When I speak about Freedom I speak about living in a dynamic, alive recognition of Presence and in the true independence from the past.
A powerful strengthening as well as deepening of our capacity to Be Here comes from learning how to fully recognize and meet the sensations of our arising experiences just the way they are in the present. We recognize, then we address some of our past tendencies – the unseen and unmet imprints based on our experiences in the past, where we have believed individually and collectively that Truth, Presence and Love are not already Here.
I invite you all to join me in this program as Freedom is the true purpose of this life and every moment, including our time together is an invitation to Freedom.
This program besides the sharing of information is experiential in its nature and you will have the opportunity to ask questions, practice and deepen your experience of the teaching. The nervous system and the skillful means of Inquiry will be explored and you’ll learn how to build the capacity of the nervous system to Be Here.
FOCUS OF TEACHINGS:1. The true meaning of Surrender:
- Direct experience of Presence, Awakening and the process that leads to Awakening
- Karma/Destiny & Free Will – The implication for our practice & life
- Desire for Truth & what is Surrender
- Identifying & addressing obstacles to practice
- Growing the capacity of the nervous system to Be Here
- The process of Inquiry, nurturing our Inquiry practice & noticing sensations as a gateway to Presence
2. The role of the nervous system in Awakening and Freedom:
- What does it mean to Be Here
- Nervous system, brain & regulation; identifying & working with the states that arise here
- Identifying survival & core strategies – meditation & Inquiry on completing the past
- What is ego & ego structure
- True Yes/No & what are true needs
- The role of the ego or I & the I arises in Presence
- The capacity & role of the nervous system before Awakening
- The capacity & role of the nervous system in Awakening & in Freedom
- Trauma, its role on the spiritual path, how it impairs the nervous system and its power for transformation
3. Presence, Awakening & functionality in the world:
- What is Awakening?
- Discrimination & Trust; experiential understanding of movement/action from the past versus movement/action from the present
- Growing Inquiry skills & learning to facilitate Presence through “deep listening”
- The role of the nervous system in Inquiry
- Projection – Everything! is a projection of our mind & projection as a way of avoidance of what is
- How survival strategies are the way we relate
- How relating is a reflection of our past & of the capacity of our nervous system to Be Here
- Solitude & Presence as foundation of being in the world and being relational.
PROGRAM PREREQUISITES & DETAILS:
Full Participation: Your full participation in all aspects of the program is required. Neelam requests that students not be absent for more than two of the program calls. Make sure you set aside time for yourself and all of these elements for the duration of the program.
- Program calls: Every other week program calls, the majority of which are TeleConference Satsangs (3 hour calls) and two are at-home day-long intensive calls (5 hours). Break times are included. Holidays are excluded.
- Additional teaching and homework via audio or video recordings from Neelam. Provided by email bi-weekly. Include details on how to apply these assignments to our lives.
- Weekly partner inquiry with another student – 1 hour per week
Program participants receive teachings and support through:
- TeleConference calls: Generally 3-hrs satsang, plus two Day-long Intensives (5 hrs) and inquiry with Neelam
- Pre-recorded video
- Group support – Bi-Weekly meetings to share & deepen our understanding of the teaching
- Partner Inquiry – weekly Inquiry practice sessions with another student
- Written assignments
- Recordings of all the sessions
- For new students – Calls facilitated by long time students
*Neelam will offer a limited number of private phone sessions to students in this program for an additional fee
Program calls take place on Sundays from 10am – 1pm MT, unless otherwise noted below
Neelam asks that participants avoid being absent for more than 2 meetings during the program.
NOV 18 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference Meeting w/Neelam
NOV 25 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference Meeting w/Neelam
DEC 2 – 10am – 12pm MT/ Audio/Video recording of Neelam or facilitated call new students/ Small groups meet together returning students
DEC 9 – 10am – 3pm MT / At Home Day-long Intensive w/Neelam
DEC 16 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference Meeting w/Neelam
DEC 23 – Christmas Break
DEC 30 – 10am – 12pm MT / Facilitated call new students, Audio/Video Recording of Neelam returning students (sent via email)
JAN 6 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference Meeting w/Neelam
JAN 13 – 10am – 12pm MT / Audio/Video recording of Neelam or facilitated call new students, small groups meeting together returning students
JAN 20 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference meeting with Neelam
JAN 27 – 10am – 12pm MT / Facilitated call new students, week off or small groups meeting together returning students
FEB 3 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference meeting w/ Neelam
FEB 10 – 10am – 12pm MT / Audio/Video recording of Neelam or facilitated call new students, small groups meeting together returning students
FEB 17 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference meeting w/Neelam
FEB 24 – 10am – 12pm MT / Facilitated call new students, week off or small group meeting returning students
MAR 3 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference meeting with Neelam
MAR 10 – 10 am – 12 pm MT / Audio/Video recording of Neelam or facilitated call new students ,small groups meeting together returning students
MAR 17 – 10am – 3pm MT / At Home Day-long Intensive w/Neelam
MAR 24 – 10am – 12pm MT / Facilitated call new students, Small Groups Meet returning students
MAR 31 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference Meeting w/Neelam
APR 7 – 10am – 12pm MT / Facilitated call for new students, week off or small Groups Meet returning students.
APR 14 – 10am – 1pm MT / Teleconference Meeting w/Neelam
- Register on or before November 5th, 2018: Suggested donation of $925 – $1,475
- Register after November 5th, 2018: Suggested donation of $1,500
- Monthly payment option available (email firstname.lastname@example.org to request)
- Register by payment in full or by making a non-refundable $100 deposit
NEW STUDENT APPLICATION – CLICK HERE
REFUND POLICY – CLICK HERE
PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS – LIMITED NUMBER AVAILABLE – CLICK HERE