Emptiness and Love — Removing Obstacles to Awakening
Open to Everyone
Week 1: Sunday, August 14
Week 2: Sunday, August 21
(10 AM – 1 PM Mountain Time)
Week 3: Sunday, August 28
(10 AM – 2 PM Mountain Time)
Areas of Interest:*
- The process that leads to Awakening
- What does it mean to Be Here
- The Role of the Nervous System in Awakening
- Symptoms of Suffering, of the Past or of being triggered
- Is Anybody doing this?
- The movement that arises Here without engaging the Mind
- Removing obstacles to Awakening
- The role of the teacher in Awakening
- The True meaning of this Lifetime/Incarnation
- Two kinds of Samadhi
- Emptiness and Love
- Your practice and what is needed for you now?
- How to keep addressing the obstacles to your practice
- Quiet mind, Bliss of our true Nature and “Who am I”? Inquiry
*Topics that Neelam may address in this program. Topics are dependent on the flow of the program and interest from the students.
“When I know that I am Nothing that is Emptiness,
when I know that I am Everything that is Love
and between those two my Awareness moves”.
This powerful quote from Nisargadatta Maharaj describes so well the Realization of our True Nature.
We need to first “reject” or move away from or let go of everything to realize the Emptiness. Then we can come back into the World from Emptiness realizing that Everything is the same Emptiness as well, that Everything is Emptiness or Consciousness and that that is Love.
I am describing it in such a linear way but it does not necessarily happen linearly like that…
The Realization of Our True Nature — Awakening and Freedom in our current vocabulary — is most important and the true purpose of this life..🙂♥️
In the process that leads to Awakening our attention is moving inward and away from Senses, Sensory Experience and from the mind.
Our perceptions become more and more subtle until we experience the Quiet Mind and eventually the Bliss of our true Nature.
We are also moving between Emptiness, Consciousness and identification with the body.
Bliss of our true Nature is not the end of our journey inward though but just a different kind of beginning.
This is where the inner Teacher takes over and now it is a matter of Surrender and Trust to complete that Journey.
Following the inner movements is a big part of that.
Awakening means a permanent realization that we are not this body. Freedom means a true independence from the Past.
In this 3-week intensive I want to address with you where you are at in this journey; what areas of your practice need to strengthen now; and how can we remove the obstacles to Awakening.
I will be relying more on your homework again in this program — please don’t forget to send it ahead of time 🙂♥️
I am very much looking forward to our time together.
Homework for this Program
1 page max confidentially send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Describe your daily practice now and the challenges that you experience in your practice
- Describe if and how you experience Quiet Mind, Emptiness, Bliss of our true Nature, Love
- Anything else that you would like me to know about your practice.
If you have never attended one of Neelam’s Satsang Programs,
we would love to have you join us for Week 1 of this 3-Week program for no registration fee.
We have a variety of Price Points based on a Sliding Scale and Please contact the office if you have any financial considerations. We would love to have you join the program and are open to any financial considerations and concerns.
All Three Weeks: $285-$125
Week One Only: $95-$55
Weeks Two and Three: $225-$105
Benefits of Programs:
- Developing a stronger reliance on Presence
- Breaking the illusion of Separation
- Ability to recognize the difference between past and Present
- Learning practical information about the nervous system and brain and how to grow the Capacity of the Nervous System to Be Here
- Understanding what Embodiment is and learning how to embody challenging and expanded states like fear anger and love
- Learning practical information about being in the world and being relational
Students sitting with Neelam often experience:
- A greater capacity in the nervous system to be here and experience the arising past (less fight-or-flight, or overwhelm-collapse)
- Improved ability to notice tendencies shaped by past experiences and break free from habitual, self-defeating patterns
- Awakening (i.e.permanent shift to knowing oneself as Presence)
- Increased ability to navigate life’s ups and downs, feel more at peace and enjoy life more
Students receive support through:
- Recordings of all sessions
- Detailed notes of all sessions
- Reminder emails
- Contact for questions and support via email, with replies directly from Neelam